Choosing a video production company can be a difficult process. Remember you are trusting them to represent your company brand, owners, and employees when making a corporate video. Here are some questions to help you choose the best company for you.
1. Clarify what you want to accomplish with the video with your team. Are you trying to impress, educate, motivate, train, sell or market? How will this video be used? Ask them what their suggestions are and the most cost effective way they could accomplish this.
2. Establish background credentials, is the video company new? How much experience do they have? How many projects have they produced, shot, and edited? Do they have any references or samples of their previous work?
3. You should have final approval of the script before the project begins. The script is the map the entire video that follows so make sure to ask for a wording agreement that this happens.
4. You as the client should have ultimate creative control, you should approve the music, narrator and the look and feel of the video. It is after all your brand that you want to promote and protect. Ask for wording that states that.
5. Re-write and re-edit. A professional company will have allowances for client script re-writes, reviews, and re-edits of the video with your feedback.
6. Does this video production company offer their services in house or do they use outside vendors? This can affect the quality and timeliness of work. Many so called companies are nothing more than a clearing house and never do the actual work themselves. Instead they subcontract the work out to multiple sources. The disadvantage to that can be poor communication of exact needs which leads to false timetables resulting in delays for the client.
7. Does the production company offer a guarantee? One that guarantees that you get the video requested on-time, on-budget, and at the quality you expected?
8. A professional company should give you a no-cost quote with a line by line budget.